Brand marketing is a particular approach to creating your brand name and design, establishing distinct creative communications, and conducting marketing activities that will differentiate your product from the others in the industry.
Whilst collaborating with many advertising branches, brand marketing aims to create a product that appeals to the audience and leads the current market. Brand marketing and direct response marketing are two different approaches to marketing.
This type of marketing is all about developing brand awareness and recognition, reliability, product visibility, market reach, and overall reputation. It is the way to promote your product in a unique and recognizable way to highlight your brand, its particular value for customers and show what sets it apart from others.
As a result, the products or services you offer to your customers will have a higher value.
Through brand marketing, you pursue a long-term goal of building an ever-growing loyal customer base by communicating your brand identity and values. Therefore, an effective brand marketing strategy can help you stand out from the crowd and take your business to the next level, boost sales, and attract new customers.
BRAND MARKETING OBJECTIVES
Building a brand is a challenging but crucial step to the success of your business. Brand marketing objectives are the main objectives of any brand, such as creating a particular image in the market or increasing revenue.
The most common brand marketing goals that companies often pursue when crafting their brand strategy includes;
- Brand awareness: The main task for your brand is creating awareness for customers to recognize and remember your product or service through the various advertising activities.
- Brand loyalty: It is essential to get customers to not only recognize and choose your brand but to adhere to it. The main task is to convince customers that they have to opt for your brand by showing the value and uniqueness of the product.
- Brand advocacy: This is the way you increase the number of customers who will recommend your product or service to other people.
- Brand value: Licensed and firmly established brands are believed to be more successful, as people would prefer a well-known company to a less recognizable brand.
- Brand commitment: It is better to work towards the participation of active users. The more users interact with your brand (visit the website, review products, place orders), the greater your chances of building a recognizable brand.
- Brand identity and image: People must recognize your brand through visual elements such as symbols, logos, colours, packaging, etc.
As you can see, all those aforementioned goals are crucial to the success of your product.
BRAND MARKETING STRATEGIES
The brand marketing strategy is the general approach you choose to promote your brand and make it visible and known. If your brand strategy is well defined and executed, you can achieve tangible results.
There are many brand marketing strategies based on your target audience, budget, and marketing campaigns, but the most common ones are covered in this article.
- Brand and name recognition: People recognize a company by its brand, logo, slogan, and colours. Great examples are Apple, Coca Cola or Starbucks that use the weight of their brand to drive sales and attract customers.
- Individual brand: This strategy is used when a large company has subsidiary products, which operate independently under its name. For example, Mars Inc. produces Snickers, Twix, Bounty, M & Ms.
- Brand attitude: This is a great strategy to consider. Companies like Nike implement the policy of contributing a personality and their experience with a certain product or service. Such companies will be associated in the future with a particular style.
- Strategy “no-brand”: The minimalist approach can bring maximum results for your brand. The design of a logo and product itself is generic but direct and creative at the same time. A good example is a Japanese company, “Muji”, which in English means “No label”.
- Brand extension: This particular strategy is used when a well-established company decides to propose new products or services under the name of this company. These new products or services will still carry a previously developed brand identity. For example, Dangote had produced Cement and later extended to Sugar, Salt etc.
- Private label: This strategy is widely used among supermarkets. For example, the Walmart store brand produces more reasonably priced products to beat competition from larger brands.
- Crowdsourcing: In this case, it is up to the public to cope with the creation of the brand. People are actively involved in creating names, for example. This approach helps to stay as close to customer preferences as possible and drive their interest in a product.
Each of these marketing strategies can promote the brand and make your products successful.
DEVELOPING AN EFFECTIVE BRAND MARKETING STRATEGY
Brand strategy is a crucial part of the overall marketing plan, helping to establish sustainable relationships with customers and get them to choose your brand.
If you want to establish a well-functioning business along with crafting an effective branding strategy, these are the main points to consider.
Before defining your brand, you must answer several questions that will help you make the correct and most appropriate decision. Some of these questions include:
- What is the main mission of your product?
- What are the main characteristics that differentiate it?
- Who are your clients?
- What do they already think of your product?
- What are the main things you want customers to associate with your brand?
Once you have answered these questions, the idea of what your brand strategy should look like is supposed to be much more apparent to you.
These are the main tips that will make your brand strategy highly effective:
- Establish the vision of your company.
Define the list of characteristics and characteristics for which you want your company to be recognized. Create a respective strategy that communicates these characteristics to your customers through various marketing channels.
- Identify the target audience.
Brand marketing will be successful only if you determine your target audience correctly. Identify your audience not just by underlying demographics. Dig deep, consider the details, and try to define their psychographs as well.
- Stay consistent.
Your essential task is to create recognizable names, logos, colours, and the way you communicate with customers. Consistency is the only key to high brand recognition.
- Draw real emotions.
It is mandatory to establish an emotional connection with your clients. Provide the best possible service, worry about the satisfaction of your customers, create marketing campaigns that evoke emotions. It is vital for success and for establishing loyalty.
BRAND MARKETING EXAMPLE
We have mentioned some brands with their general brand marketing strategies. Here is the highlight. The Nike Company was established 55 years ago. It is now known around the world, and the company generates more than $35 billion in revenue per year. Customers choose this brand among others and stick with it.
Their logo is known everywhere, and there is no need to explain what the company is. Nike creates high-quality athletic apparel and shoes and knows how to make customers want to buy its products through effective brand marketing.
Nike’s brand strategy was defined a long time ago. Their website, customer support, marketing activities are top-notch. In their brand marketing campaigns, they often involve a particular personality to speak to customer emotions.
This person talks about failures, struggles, and ways to overcome all sports-related obstacles in all kinds of visual marketing content such as promo videos, banners, and advertisements.
This approach extremely motivates people, evokes pure emotions, and encourages customers to face challenges when choosing this brand.
That is what you must fight for. Consistent, motivating and emotional content will make your consumers believe and trust you as a manufacturer and stick with your brand for years.
The importance of brand marketing to the success of your business is undeniable. Taking care of it in the early stages of product development is recommended to create a brand that is recognized by customers.
By implementing these tips, you’ll be one step closer to creating an effective, sustainable, and memorable brand image, increase brand awareness, increase loyalty, and prepare for success.
While all these might be a big burden to merge with getting your customers the best of your product and service, how about you let Jade Crystal Colours help you build your brand utilising her brand marketing prowess?
You sure would be on your way to the top soon…
Reach out to us today!